Thursday, August 11, 2016

Memorable Melodies: Main Theme from Luigi's Mansion


Song: Main Theme
Game: Luigi's Mansion
Composer: Kazumi Totaka

Last night I stayed up way too late playing Tricky Towers online multiplayer with a few of my friends. It's a cool Tetris-like game where you use Tetris blocks, but need to think about physics in order to build a tower. There are very few musical tracks in the game, so eventually I started to whistle along, or so I thought. Much to my surprise the song from Tricky Towers never came out, and instead I ended up whistling the main theme of Luigi's Mansion. 

I first played Luigi's Mansion right around when it came out. One of my best friend's at the time was given a Gamecube by his parents to celebrate some major life event I can't recall. Sadly he ended up with no games, so we had to go and rent some. We ended up getting Luigi's Mansion and we tried to complete it in a single night. As an added challenge bonus he didn't have a memory card either, so we had to leave the game running the whole time. When it was time for me to go we hadn't completed it, so I still have never seen the end of Luigi's Mansion.

Having only really played the game once I don't know why I remember the music from it so vividly. Perhaps it's because I always liked how Luigi would hum along to the music as he went around the mansion trying to nab ghosts. 

Note: I feel like I've put songs up called Main Theme a lot on this feature. I don't know why these songs don't get real names. It's kind of lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment