Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Memorable Melodies: Song from Trails of Cold Steel


Song: I have no idea what it's called, and I did as much research as I possibly could. They released an official OST for this game, but I can only find the track listing in Japanese. I am led to believe it's the 21st track on the album, but the name in English track listings does not match the song. It plays during summer. That's all I know.

Game: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Composer: Can't find one. 

I honestly tried to look up all the info I could on this song. Due to the fact that I couldn't find anything I thought about not using this killer jam for Memorable Melodies. However, It's been in my head for weeks, so I decided that it needed its time in the spotlight. Just so we're clear it's from The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel. For some reason information about this game is very scarce, I have yet to beat it, but I might just write down all the information in the credits and dump it onto the internet. I can't even find a list of the English voice actors. As for the composer, it may be the same as the other Legend of Heroes games, but I didn't want to make an assumption.

For the past few weeks I've been playing through Trails of Cold Steel with a friend. I am very close to completing it, and can't wait to see how it wraps up and sets things up for the sequel. It started off very slow and I didn't know if I was going to be able to get into it, but I ended up growing to like it quite a bit. You play as Rean Schwarzer a student who is attending Thors Military Academy. He and his classmates were chosen to take part in a special new class. Since it's a smaller class each character ends up being very well characterized over the course of the game. There's a lot of classism, and military conflict to be had. 

The music in this game is killer, which is why it makes me so angry I can't find any information about it. A lot of the battle music is well orchestrated and makes encounters feel epic. Then, when you're at school you get catchy pop-like songs like the one I;m featuring here. The first time the song plays is during the summer months. It played a lot then, but now plays much less frequently. It's got a lot of xylophone in it, and I'm all about the xylophone. There's also some flute stuff going on, which accents everything perfectly. 

So yeah, sorry I can't tell you what it's called or who made this amazingly catchy tune. Definitely check the video out though. If you know any of the info I'm missing please hit me up. I will gladly edit the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment