Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Memorable Melodies: Title Sceen from Spelunky


Song: Title Screen
Game: Spelunky
Composer: Eirik Suhrke

When I started streaming I wasn't the best at talking while playing games. I'm still not great at it, but I have definitely improved. In order to hone my speech skills I started streaming myself playing Spelunky daily. It's a challenging game, but there is so much to talk about. The game is dense in a way that I don't think many other games are. There is so much to know, and that's what makes Spelunky great.

I used to have a definitive list of my ten favorite games of all time. Over the past three years that list has been shattered and rebuilt numerous times. At the moment I think that I would put Spelunky on the list.It was the first Roguelike I tried, and it's still my favorite. At this point I don't know that anything else can replace it. If you want to hear more about my love for Spelunky you can head over to the podcast page and give the Spelunky episode a listen.

We're here to talk about music though. When you boot up Spelunky it goes to a title screen like games of old. It stays on screen until you push start, and loops the same melody forever. Every time I hear the title screen song for Spelunky I get psyched. It means that it's time for some runs. Maybe I'll die instantly, or maybe I'll run train on everything. You never know what you're going to get and that's exciting. The title screen song is one of the only constants in Spelunky I can count on, so I'm glad it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment