Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Memorable Melodies: Undertale from Undertale


Song: Undertale
Game: Undertale
Composer: Toby Fox

There is something about this song that hits me right in the heart. All of the previous songs I've put up for Memorable Melodies have just been sick jams, or songs I often hum to myself. This one is different. This one is special. I'm twenty-five years old, and this song brought a tear to my eye. I guess it was  a combination of the song and what was happening when it played in the game. 

Undertale is mostly funny, but in that moment it was undeniably sad. You walk into an area and it's immediately familiar. At that moment I realized where I was and what the game was going to tell me. The only way to advance is to walk through the area as a decidedly soul crushing tale is recounted to you. It's done in a rather creative way. You then understand why the world of Undertale is the way it is, and have to find the strength to do what must be done in order to change it. It's heavy.

It probably sounds like I'm being hyperbolic here, but I'm honestly not. Sure, it may not hit you in the same way, but it certainly did hit me. If you have a passing interest in video games do yourself a favor and play Undertale. Even if you're not a fan, it is still something that's worth experiencing.

This song is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment