Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Memorable Melodies: Black Tar from Xenoblade Chronicles X


Song: Black Tar
Game: Xenoblade Chronicles X
Composer: Hiroyuki Sawano
Vocals: David Whitaker and MPI

I don't even know how to describe this song. I booted up Xenoblade Chronicles X and you're almost immediately thrust into the open world. The first thing I noticed was the music in battle. It starts off super intense, and then the lyrics kick in...

Seriously, almost every song in Xenoblade Chronicles X has lyrics. They're also insane. Watch the video above. The dude talks about killing his friends. What!?

I can't decide if I like this song, or hate it with a burning passion. It's so weird. It doesn't help that the music in the game is poorly mixed, so it's all super loud even in cutscenes. People are trying to talk and someone is yelling about killing his friends and black tar. 

This song certainly is memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment