Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Reviews

As you may have guessed I play a whole lot of video games. I feel I have a firm grasp on what's good, what's not, and the audience a game is targeting. This skill is becoming increasingly valuable, because video games are expensive.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that product reviews are helpful, especially with video games. Video games are expensive. It's an awful feeling when you buy a bad game, or a game you don't personally enjoy. I've personally made this mistake many times in the past. Being $60 dollars in the hole with a terrible game is no good. This is why I'm making it my goal from this point on to write up a review of every game I complete. I've started this off by writing up a review of Sonic Generations for the PS3, which can be found here.

I'm going to be rating games on a 0-5 basis, with 5 being the highest. I feel that this rating system is fairly self explanatory. With a 0-5 rating it's easy to see how good a game is at a glance, which is something I really like. If you want to see the base quality of a game it's a great thing to have along with my extended write-up and opinion. However, this number applies to my specific view of the game. When I look for game reviews I know what reviewers are more inclined to like certain games. It's important to know the tastes of the reviewer. It's even more important to believe that they are giving you their honest opinion of a game. While you may not always agree with the scores I give, please know that I am giving you my honest feedback. I hope that as this blog grows it will be increasingly easier to discern the kinds of games I like and how I react to certain things. 

I have written a great many reviews over the years, but most have been lost in the deep abyss of the internet. There are two reviews I'm quite proud of that I've written within the last few years. I originally posted them on the gaming website Giant Bomb as the user Drac96. Since they are already written I won't be making new posts here, but I will link to them. I will be posting all future reviews on the blog as well as on Giant Bomb. The reviews can be found below.


More posts and reviews will be coming soon.


     -Manny

No comments:

Post a Comment