Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Memorable Melodies: Gravity Daze from Gravity Rush


Song: Gravity Daze
Composer: Kohei Tanaka
Games: Gravity Rush 1 and 2

Over the past few months I have been playing a whole lot of Gravity Rush. When I initially got a Vita I tried my best to play it, but controlling the main character Kat in the air with the system's gyro was not my style. During a sweet PSN holiday sale I picked up the HD remaster for PS4 and got hooked. One of the things that drew me in was the catchy tunes on the soundtrack.

I am now playing the second game, and some of the tunes from the original return. The one I chose for this week's memorable melody is the main theme of the game. On the soundtrack it is called Gravity Daze, which is the Japanese name of the franchise. It plays on the main menu of both the first and second games and it always gets me pumped to mess around with Gravity.

It starts off as a sweeping symphony, and then turns into an almost reggae-like mellow jam before returning to its original form. It's a bit all over the place, but so is the game. You're controlling gravity in order to "fall" into the sky. It's all a bit weird, but that's what I love so much about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment