Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Memorable Melodies: Let's Have Fun! from Gotcha Force



Song: Let's Have Fun!
Game: Gotcha Force
Composer: Mitsuhiko Takano

I'm a big fan of fighting robots, so when I found out about Gotcha Force I had to have it. I remember looking around the area where I live for it, but it was nowhere to be found. A few months later I found it in a now defunct retail outlet near my Grandma's house an hour or so away from where I live now. I was apparently one of the select few who actually got a copy of Gotcha Force, because it's quite rare now. The cheapest copy you can get on Amazon currently is about $150. It's a shame, because it's a really fun game.

Gotcha Force is one of the five games that Capcom  pushed out on the Gamecube in an exclusivity agreement they made with Nintendo. It's a game about small toy sized robots that land on earth. The robots interact with humans, and ask them to help in the fight against evil robots who have also come to earth.

The game has a very Saturday morning cartoon style, which is part of why I love it so much. There are tons of robots to collect and battle with and most of them are fairly unique. You play as the tiny robots in everyday locations such as a bedroom, or a garden. There's a lot of Anime yelling going on, and everything is very colorful.

Adding to the Saturday morning aesthetic is the music. Most of the tracks in the game are jazzy and upbeat. That's not very surprising, since the composer also did the music for Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. That's about as jazzy as you can get. It set's a happy tone despite the fact that you're fighting robots to determine the fate of the world.

 The track I picked for this week is the one I remember hearing the most. It makes me think back to being a lot younger and sitting with my brother for hours playing the game. There's something about jazzy tunes that makes beating down on robots so much more enjoyable.





No comments:

Post a Comment