Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Memorable Melodies: Law of the Battlefield from Trails of Cold Steel 2


Song: Law of the Battlefield
Game: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2
Composers: Hayato Sonada, and Takahiro Unisuga (Not 100% sure)

For the past few weeks I've been working my way through Trails of Cold Steel 2. It's a direct followup to the previous game, so if you don't want to be spoiled on the first game then I'd suggest you don;t even watch trailers for the second one. 

The first act was decent, but I found it to be a little lackluster. It was in-between the first and second acts that the game finally clicked with me. Part of that has to do with the new enemies who really didn't get much screen time in the initial act of the game. Eventually they're all given motivation, and turn out to be pretty interesting. I'm not here to get into the story of an 80 hour long JRPG though.

I am however here because of this fresh jam. Almost always when your party comes up against someone who is much stronger than them this song plays as they talk in the lead-up to an awesome fight. The song really lets you know that the people you're interacting with are no joke. Every time it plays I get so excited, because this is one of the few games I've ever played where the main characters aren't the strongest people in the world. It's cool to have characters who aren't all powerful and can definitely get trounced in a fight, This song introduces all the badasses who can crush your team and that's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment