Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Memorable Melodies: Nate's Theme from Uncharted


Song: Nate's Theme
Game: Uncharted
Composer: Greg Edmonson

Uncharted 4: A Theif's End came out yesterday. As of writing this a day later I am almost at the end of the game. I can see the plot lines wrapping up and bringing the exciting franchise to a close. Naughty Dog claims that this is Nathan Drake's final outing. Whether or not that's true remains to be seen. Personally, I hope that Uncharted 4 brings an end to the series. It's been an amazing ride, but I think that the franchise has run its course. 

Since I'm nearing the end of the final chapter I've been thinking back on the series as a whole. I played the original Uncharted long after it came out on a tiny CRT in my college dorm room. In just a few short sittings I played the game to completion. The characters and the wild adventure they were on pulled me in immediately. I couldn't stop playing. Somehow this same feeling has managed to grab hold of me during each Uncharted game. It's why I've almost completed the new one and it's only been out for a day!

This franchise is the closest that video games have ever come to blockbuster movies. Nathan Drake sets out on grand adventures where he climbs and shoots his way to lost civilizations and buried treasure. The visuals and action set pieces are unparalleled. Everything is so grand that I can't help but be enthralled by it.

That's why I've chosen Nate's theme for this week's Memorable Melody. It reminds me of all the adventures that I've been on with Nathan Drake throughout the franchise. Whenever I hear it I can't help but feel a sense of grandeur. It makes me want to go on an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment